Sunday, September 05, 2004

Golf

I should note that we had a sweet weekend. We drove up to Sedro Wooley and spent some time with Don, Arlene and Heidi Poet. I golfed 9 holes at Sauk Mountain in Sedro, grabbed some lunch, and golfed 18 holes at Overlook in Big Lake (south of Poets). It was super fun. We drove back home Saturday morning and I golfed another 9 with Ryan Pitroff (friend from church). I think that I could easily golf for a living if they paid a guy with a 28 handicap to hack his way around a course. I can see some improvement in my swing and the scores are coming down. I'm going to spend some more time on my short game though (chipping from 100 yards and less).

The cool thing about Saturday was that Ryan showed me a course in Yelm that you pay $5 for 9 holes and $10 for 18 holes after 2 in the afternoon. Sweet! That is what I needed to find. I can't afford these super snobby courses that think the average guy can pay between $40 and $80 a week. Not me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home