Monday, December 06, 2004

Humility

I think being brought to zero with strep throat was a really good thing for me. Its like you are removed from life as you know it so that you are given a fresh chance to start anew. I feel like I'm thinking about the things that matter most to me. I felt humbled to be sick for a week and a half. A good humility that pulls you right down to where you really stand at the end of the day. The place where you can't stand in judgement against even your worst enemy because you know that God is in charge and that you are small. Maybe thats how Job felt when he repented in dust and ashes and placed his hand over his mouth. Its so freeing because you don't have to do anything but accept who you are in view of the immensity of God... which is pretty much nothing. Being small is a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home