Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Why the Mac Mini will succeed

There are some who would say that Apple's new little box called the Mac Mini is a flop. Reference the post just below for proof. There is no question that Windows is the platform with near total control on computing. I think the Mini is just the ticket for Apple to carve out more market share. Here's why:

1. The Mini is beautiful. Like all Apple products the Mini is well designed. It looks good. "Tech lust" will get the better of you.
2. People like to tinker. Once folks realize that this little box doesn't come with a display, keyboard or mouse they'll think, "hey, I've got all that right now, hooked up to my present PC." That is precisely what when through my mind when I saw and understood the Mini for the first time. I've got a 21"display, an ergo keyboard (which I prefer anyway) and a Logitec Marble Mouse all in position for this little wonder.
3. It is at an affordable price point.
4. My digital video camera is plug and play into this thing. I know for certain that I can plug a video camera into it and do light editing out of the box. I'm not so sure about that with Windows machines.
5. The public has been asking for one of these for so long that the demand is self-evident.
6. I can now buy the iPod Mini and have a cool one two punch that doesn't cost as much.

There are my six reasons why the Mini will succeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home