Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Shhhhh....

Jesus' quietness of heart is appealing to me. He never seemed to be in a hurry to get anywhere. He had time for people with needs. He had determination and purpose in all that he did. He had the blessing of the Father so that he wasn't trying to "measure up" to the expectations of others.

Psalm 23:2-3 says, "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul." I believe it is possible in our fractured and fallen lives to have the quietness of heart that Christ had. The Bible says that his peace is one of the fruits of the Holy Spirit living within us.

I want to invite you to quiet your heart right now and say something like, "Hi Lord, I'm here. Speak to me in this quiet moment." And you can know he's there. His peace is available to you no matter what you're walking through right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home